Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way the Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to Airdrie Boys and Girls Club's daily operations.
The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie strives to protect and respect personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, and so on in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of the Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie must abide by this organization's procedures and practices when handling personal information.
1. The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed the Executive Director as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
2. The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie obtains personal information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how the Boys and Girls Club uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie will not use that information without the consent of the individual. Except in situation that are permitted by Alberta's Person Information Protection Act.
4. The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
5. The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie will maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of the Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
The Boys and Girls Club's computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases. Active files are kept in locked filing cabinets.
Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or "snooping" by sufficient software solutions. Personal information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.
Information about the organization collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- What options are available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information?
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal information under the Boys and Girls Club possession and control.
- How the individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in their personal information.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This Web site may contain links to other sites, but the Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations' sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
Any registration or order form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected by SSL encryption.
Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
7. In most instances, the Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, please notify the Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should the Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie deny an individual's request for access to his/her personal information, The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
The Boys and Girls Club of Airdrie is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
An emergency exists that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security.
The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
The personal information is already publicly available.
Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.